Atlanta—Mercer University Southern School of Pharmacy's Center for Clinical Research is seeking Alzheimer's patients to participate in an investigational drug study.
The 60 week study includes 11 visits to the research center, located on Mercer's Atlanta Campus at 3001 Mercer University Drive, Suite C-216. Patients interested in participating should meet the following requirements:
- Patients must be between the ages of 50 and 90.
- Patients must have a diagnosis of probable Alzheimer's disease, including patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
- Patients cannot have any other systemic or brain disease, or disorder that could be responsible for the memory or cognitive deficits.
- Patients must have a caregiver to supervise medication administration and come to all study visits.
- Patients are not allowed to participate if they have been involved in a study within 60 days prior to screening visit.
For more information about the study or requirements, contact Mercer's Center for Clinical Research at (678) 547-6342.
With more than 100 years of experience, the Southern School of Pharmacy is a recognized leader in pharmacy education. The purpose of its Center for Clinical Research is to discover and advance knowledge concerning the clinical use of drugs. One of the Center's main focuses of clinical research is testing new medications that may either improve or delay the memory impairment in patients diagnosed with probable Alzheimer's disease.